We know that shipping a puppy can seem to be an overwhelming & scary thing. One person's bad experience posted online can ruin it for everyone else. We assure you that our puppies are given the best care when traveling. This page is to help you better understand how the purchase & shipping process works. I have been flying puppies for quite some time & have never had an issue. We mostly use Delta, American & sometimes United Airlines to get puppies to their new homes. It is a perfectly safe way to get your puppy home to you. You may also pick your puppy up in person if you prefer.
Browse through our website and when you find the perfect puppy that is exactly what you have been looking for, feel free to contact us so that we can answer any questions for you about that particular puppy. When are you are ready, pay your deposit. The puppy is then labeled sold to you. Our prices are firm on puppies on our website so please do not email us or call us asking to take less as you will not find this quality at better prices. We offer a shipping discount only on airfare if you purchase two puppies at the same time.
If you would like references or would like to speak with past customers that we have sold puppies to, please don't hesitate to ask as we have references readily available to you. We work very hard to achieve 100% satisfaction with our customers.
More guidelines below:
1. We do require a deposit to hold the puppy. Once a deposit is placed, I will email you the guarantee for your puppy along with a receipt for your payment. These must be signed and either mailed or emailed back to me before your puppy ships. Your puppy will not leave until I receive them. With all of the scams going on in today's world, you can rest assured that the puppy you place on hold with us is the puppy you will receive.
2. Final Payment is due 1 week before shipping or transport. Each puppy will be taken to the vet by us to get his/her health exam. A health certificate is required for travel and a copy of the health certificate will be sent to you with the airlines as this is a law for interstate travel of any puppy. This is included with the shipping fee. We will also send the puppy's registration papers, shot record, puppy kit, etc. with the puppy, which will be attached to the top of his/her crate.
3. We always put the puppies needs first. After all payments have been made, the puppy will be shipped on the Friday on or after his/her ready date depending if we feel that the puppy is ready to make the trip to his/her new home. We have the right to hold a puppy for longer than estimated delivery date if we feel the puppy is not ready to go and cancellation of purchase will not be accepted. We ship by major airline only on Fridays. This date cannot be changed so please make arrangements to pick up your puppy at the airport. Your puppy will travel to the airport in a climate controlled vehicle the day before he or she is shipped (Thursday), where they are watched & cared for the entire time by the transport staff who are trained in proper puppy care. Your puppy is then flown to you the next day (Friday) & are only on the airplane a few hours.
4. Your puppy will arrive in cargo at the airport. Be sure to take a form of ID with you when picking up your puppy. Also, shipping can be delayed for any reason because of temperatures, weather conditions, etc. Delta does have temperature controlled cargo, so we rarely have to cancel shipments during the winter or summer, but it could happen. If this happens, your puppy will be shipped the following Friday or when the weather is good enough to safely ship. Please understand that your puppy is in the best of hands and will be treated as their own pet and will be delivered safe and sound to you.
5. We do not have a cancellation policy so please understand that after the deposit/payment has been made to hold the puppy of your choice, that deposit/payment is non-refundable unless the puppy has a life threatening condition. If you have purchased the puppy, there is no refund for canceling the purchase after a puppy is already bought.
6. If for any reason, you have personal conflict or change of heart your deposit/payment is non-refundable. This is due to our loss of time and for having to advertise the puppy again. (This is to ensure that our puppies will have a home. It is not fair for our puppies to have a home and the last minute you change your mind and other customers who might have been interested in our puppy miss their chance because you have changed your mind).
7. We would like a phone call or email to know that your puppy is home with you so that we know that the puppy has arrived. Pictures with you would be WONDERFUL!!
8. List of things that need to be taken to the airport to pick up your new puppy:
***Bottle of Water
***Form of ID (driver's license, etc.)
***If you live a long way from the airport bring a pouch of soft Pedigree Little Champions Puppy Food with you to feed your puppy (photo below).
9. What we feed: We currently are feeding our small & medium breed puppies Nutri Source Puppy and it can be found at most pet food supply stores. Also, we feed Bil-Jac Frozen Puppy Food (which most PETCO's carry) if the puppy needs additional supplementing. It comes frozen, which is then thawed for the puppies to enjoy. It is based on a raw diet, so they just LOVE it! Frootloops are good to have on hand also for the small breeds. Pomeranians love those as a treat! Another great thing to have on hand when bringing your Pomeranian home is Nutri-Cal (photo below). It is a high calorie dietary supplement to use if your puppy gets finicky with his or her food & can be found at most pet stores.
10. Puppies (if shipped) come with a new travel crate. Your puppy is transported in a new airline approved carrier equipped with food & water dishes clipped on the front so your puppy can't spill them during travel. Your puppy will have plenty of shredded paper for bedding so your puppy stays clean, warm & dry. He or she also has food & water at all times. At this time, we cannot ship blankets or toys in the carrier with the puppies due to airline regulations.